Devine Bamboo Fly Fishing Rod
1926-1928 Devine Fly Rod , Rainbow model, 9 foot , 2 straight tips
- This light weight rod has beautiful fast action designed for dry fly action.
- All components of this unique, vintage style are fully functional. The ferrules fit well , separating with a definite pop.
- This is a 6 sided, split cane, fly rod . I highly recommend it for those of you who may think bamboo rods are heavy and or slow.
- This rod casts like a stealth fighter. Please note all four sections are even and straight. This is a fully fishable ,original vintage fly rod that has been fully tested.
It is in very good condition. I have seen a few hundred bamboo rods, I am using the criteria in Homel*, not just guessing.
There is some loss of the Black on reel seat , a few small blemishes on the finish.
The length of sections are all exactly 36.75 inches
There are no serial numbers, but the manufacturer printed in script on the butt section "McLaughlin"
Threads all intact and covered with finish. I have seen many rods in like condition called mint, but I am being much more open and honest.
The Divine Rod Company hand built fishing rods from the late 1870's through the mid 1930's.
A web site on Divine Rods.Dean Burrill Classic & Antique Fly-Fishing Tackle: A Guide for Collectors & Anglers by A.J. Campbell has several pages on the Divine Co
Constructing Cane Rods: Secrets of the Bamboo Fly Rod by Ray Gould and The Technology of Fly Rods: An In-Depth Look at the Design of the Modern Fly Rod, Its History and Its Role in Fly Fishing by Don Phillips and Ernest Schwiebert; both mention Divine.
Michael Sinclair has a book on Divine.
*Antique & Collectible Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000) add about 30% for age of book.
I used the above book to set my reserve as I am selling this in consignment.
heres a detail of the wraps
detail of the reel seat
It's standard presentation is a carmel colored cane wrapped in black and white jasper tipped red with black and white jasper intermediates.
However, as the model name suggests in came in a large variety of colors, so it's a good thing that 'Rainbow' is scripted below the decal. The reelseats are blackened as are the ferrules. It casts like a dream .
Policy statements :
- I like Paypal payments. It is the fastest and instant way to send payment. Please submit PayPal payment to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Free shipping when you use buy it now.
SHIPPING & INSURANCE:
TERMS & POLICY:
- Shipping (USPS Priority Mail) and insurance fee for this auction is at $16 each and may be combined, within the continental USA only.
- It takes about 2-3 business days for shipment arrival.
- Other locations are at cost with Fedex or USPS.
- I offer a three day inspection return policy. You must notify me immediately upon receiving the rod and I will give you instructions. Item must be in it's original condition.
- If you have any questions please contact
Thank you for looking and happy bidding!